Quantcast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does Brian have some kind of vocal cord problem???

I know this has probably been addressed numerous times here but I can't find a thread on this topic so i'm asking. Does anyone know what happened to Brians voice? I just bought the BSB Japan tour dvd and i'm shocked at how bad Brians sounds. It use to be that his voice was smooth and clear, now it sounds strained and off key. I thought for a while after his bout with swine flu that his voice was just a little weak but he still sounds like he has a problem.

Anyone know whats going on with his voice?

Plenty have speculated but no one knows. Leighanne mentioned that he gets really nervous when they're on tv which makes him shaky but that doesn't explain the other times he's off or the fact that it never used to bother him.

He has been sounding really good on videos I've seen in the last few months though.

I doubt it's gonna be something he's ever gonna discuss with us.

Quote Originally Posted by kristan View Post
    I know this has probably been addressed numerous times here but I can't find a thread on this topic so i'm asking. Does anyone know what happened to Brians voice? I just bought the BSB Japan tour dvd and i'm shocked at how bad Brians sounds. It use to be that his voice was smooth and clear, now it sounds strained and off key. I thought for a while after his bout with swine flu that his voice was just a little weak but he still sounds like he has a problem.

Anyone know whats going on with his voice?
    I think first of all his voice is tired and overused. They tour too much. Brian not an only one, who's voice changed. All their voices changed with age. They all need long rest.

I thought this myself, but when I saw him in Kansas City, he sounded amazing! I think his voice just doesn't hold up like it used to when they tour. I think it gets worn down after doing back to back shows.
    "This is my Vietnam; I'm at war. Life keeps on droppin' bombs and I keep score." -- Pink (My Vietnam)

"Everybody walks alone when they feel like they don't belong. If only you try, then you can have it all." -- A.J. McLean (Have It All)

Twitter: http://twitter.com/SamsHairTugger
    FormSpring: http://www.formspring.me/BSBSavedMyLife

Check out my artwork: http://poetic-beauty81.deviantart.com/

I think he could definetely benefit from some vocal training (as could most singers), it did wonders for Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by rina50 View Post
    I think first of all his voice is tired and overused. They tour too much. Brian not an only one, who's voice changed. All their voices changed with age. They all need long rest.
    I think it's kind of hard to lump ALL of them in that area. Nick and Howie have never sounded better in my opinion, and I personally think they should take full advantage of that. I think they are going to know where their limit is on overuse, if that even becomes a problem. I saw them twice on this tour, and I don't remember cringing in person like I do when I watch videos of Brian sometimes. He sounded fine to me except maybe once in the beginning of soundcheck. AJ I think is the only one where I noticed his shortcomings in concert, but that has pretty much nothing to do with overuse and everything to do with smoking and drinking again.
    I want to be Nick because he gets some ass - Kevin
    I want to be Kevin because his wife is hot - Nick
    You just want to be me 'cause you want to bone my wife - Kevin

My wife and I have a clothing line business...And a bag line business... - Brian
    I try and get his stuff but it's too expensive, it's dope stuff - Nick
    He can't afford it - Brian
    I can't afford it - Nick
    Not even with the Friend discount - Brian

He sounds great live. On video it sounds strained from time to time though.
    I just think it's interesting that the lower notes seem to be more of a problem for him because he's nailing the high and long ones

I just saw BSB a month ago and Brian was 100 pecent on that day. I think it's pretty much like anyone else...you have good days and bad days, and they have been on tour for nearly two years if you think about it. They had a few months off and then were right back with another album and tour. Singing almost every night takes a toll on you. Maybe Brian should drink tea like Howie does. Howie's voice has been better than ever.
    Susie K.

Feeling Blessed! I love you, mom!

"A little bit 'a Jesus goes a long way!" - Brian Littrell

"No man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence The Angel in "It's A Wonderful Life"

"It is not the strongest of the species who survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change."

Well he has been doing this for almost 20yrs so perhaps his voice isnt going to be as up to par as it used to be. Sum1 mentioned that Mariah can't sing like she used to in the early 90s. I always assumed that if a singer didnt do damaging things like smoking and drinking then their voice would never change; but perhaps it isnt true. AJ of course his voice would change with all the things he has done to his body.

Brian has never sang "right", which damages the vocal chords. If he saw a vocal coach, it would help him tremendously.

there's no excuse for brian not to see a vocal coach. this has been going on a long time. he's paid to sing.

it started from never gone when he sing the first verse of IWTW its very obvious that he cant do it the way he use to and its keep going worse

Illinois-always sining along to BSB in front of haters! :)
    When I was in junior high and high school I sang in the choir. I really enjoyed it. It didnt matter how many times a day I would practice, I would be nervous each time! In my opinion, it doesnt matter if a person sings perfessionally or not. People sing because they love to do it When it comes to performing live, it is very difficult to sing every single note perfectly. I saw BSB perform @ Ravinia was well and yes both Brian and AJ were a little pitchy, but that is to be expected. I don't expct ANY artist to sound exactly like they would on a CD. Vocal training not only includes singing the correct notes.
    It also involves being able to have enough air to belt out high notes so it could just be that he isn't able to pace himself as he is singing and have nothing to do with his vocal cords.(I am not an expert. this is based on my own experience-I have had vocal before)
    Last edited by Sanebsbfan84; 07-19-2010 at 03:16 PM.
    My Backstreet Adventures!:
    *9/22/01* *12/8/05* *8/24/08* *6/17/10!* 6/18/11 with NKOTB *beams*

"I know that the bsb are not popular anymore (which doesnt bother me at all) and they wont be around forever...(that is a fact). One day THEY will decide when to stop making music and when that happens it is not the end of the world. I have great memories that will last a lifetime. We dont know whether the next album will be their last. I don't care about how many CD's they sell! I will always sing along to their music because it brings me joy".
    "Nick's voice has improved over the years ....and that makes me happy, but Brian, AJ and Howie also have beautiful voices as well and when they sing in harmony, its amazing"!

~Erica~

Their personal lives are not anyone's business!

HUGE fan of Chicago sports!

Follow me on twitter!

Illinois-always sining along to BSB in front of haters! :)
    Quote Originally Posted by LCD View Post
    He sounds great live. On video it sounds strained from time to time though.
    I just think it's interesting that the lower notes seem to be more of a problem for him because he's nailing the high and long ones
    I think that is because he's singing out of his vocal range. He is a tenor not a bass
    My Backstreet Adventures!:
    *9/22/01* *12/8/05* *8/24/08* *6/17/10!* 6/18/11 with NKOTB *beams*

"I know that the bsb are not popular anymore (which doesnt bother me at all) and they wont be around forever...(that is a fact). One day THEY will decide when to stop making music and when that happens it is not the end of the world. I have great memories that will last a lifetime. We dont know whether the next album will be their last. I don't care about how many CD's they sell! I will always sing along to their music because it brings me joy".
    "Nick's voice has improved over the years ....and that makes me happy, but Brian, AJ and Howie also have beautiful voices as well and when they sing in harmony, its amazing"!

~Erica~

Their personal lives are not anyone's business!

HUGE fan of Chicago sports!

Follow me on twitter!

When they were in Detroit Brian was totally on. There was no issue at all. He could definitely stand from a vocal coach though, there is no denying how much it helped Nick (if you don't notice it, listen to NoN then listen to TIU and you'll hear it!). I think they do get tired and have bad days but I don't think there is anything serious going on with him other than the occasional bad day, being tired, and being overworked.

Kristy

Into The Millenium Tour: 11/6/99
    Up Close & Personal Tour: 4/5/05
    Unbreakable Tour: 8/8/09 & 8/9/09
    This Is Us Tour: 6/18/10, 8/27/10, & 8/28/10
    NKOTBSB Tour: 6/16/11 & 7/8/11

A 15-year dream was worth the wait -
    Met Leighanne, Brian, AJ, Howie, & hugged Nick 6/18/10!

Friend me on Facebook and Follow me on Twitter!
    www.facebook.com/kristymgraham
    www.twitter.com/kristygraham

formerly XTremeKaos on LD
    Thanks to TatyRox for my avatar!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast